“Training through service, Service through training”
Research shows that the first 1000 days of life are the most important in laying a solid foundation for a child’s physical and emotional development. Unfortunately, many South African children do not get the love and care they need to grow up into healthy, happy and productive adults. That is why Ububele focuses its expertise and programmes on improving the emotional development of children under 7 years old to make the most impact on the future of South Africa.
Help us dream big
Ububele’s vision for South Africa is that of a nurturing society of emotionally healthy adults, who are competent parents and good citizens; and secure, well-cared for children.
Ububele’s mission is to have a positive impact on the mental health of disadvantaged South Africans through the development and dissemination of training programmes which focus on early childhood and experiential group work.
Our objectives are to:
- Develop models of community-based psychosocial care and support
- Develop, run and disseminate training courses focused on preventative mental health strategies
- Conduct research focused on the mental health needs of children under the age of seven, their parents and other caregivers
- Advocate for the mental health care rights of children under the age of seven
- Provide psychotherapy services to Alexandra.